"God, I ask not forgiveness, for my sins are mine to live with" - Shirley [Baby-sitters]

Straight to the point ..

"I tend to think alot. so I'll just roam from topic to topic .. just because i discuss something doesn't necessarily mean I'm feeling some sort of way.. it may just mean I choose to discuss it .. because I find it interesting. Or I feel some sort of way, my call."

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Images of women.

Through out time the images of how a woman should be, act, speak has evolved. We know what it used to be, but what has it become? what will we be as time progresses.

When I did attend college, one semester i took up Women in literature, great class. I learned alot about how us women are percieved by others on a larger scale and how that affects who we become, who we are. The every day expectations and obligations put on us to be women, but there are so many different opinions on what makes you a woman, and to act accordingly. But according to who? Ourselves, men, the public, our children? All of the above?

As a young woman, who is currently still evolving into the woman I'm meant to be, I glance around at my "peers" and damn. It's a sad sight. Alot of females in my age bracket have lost complete sight for what a woman is, how she should carry herself, what she should stand for.. Bitches these days don't know what they standing for they just heard YASSSSS and had to stand up and follow suit. They have no morals, or standards. They're chameleons with men, changing who they are with each new man that enter their lives. Whatever it's their lives, who am I to say they're living wrong?
That's not what I want to discuss.

I want to do a series of posts following the image of a woman. Of course it would be my image, how I see it fit. See in my women in Literature class, the text book was; images of women in literature, fifth edition to be exact. It's a bunch of poems, stories of women writers about woman roles. And it's really good. So good, I kept the book. I often re-read stories every now and then.
The book is broken down like this.

Images of women;
The wife.
The mother.
Woman on a pedestal.
The Sex Object.
Women without men.
II -The women becoming.

For my own observational pleasure I want to add - Women today.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment