"God, I ask not forgiveness, for my sins are mine to live with" - Shirley [Baby-sitters]

Straight to the point ..

"I tend to think alot. so I'll just roam from topic to topic .. just because i discuss something doesn't necessarily mean I'm feeling some sort of way.. it may just mean I choose to discuss it .. because I find it interesting. Or I feel some sort of way, my call."

Monday, January 28, 2013

Personal.

Everyone has things they take personally.
People act on self interest. Despite what one may say.. If you don't want to do something, you don't. If doing something for someone gives you a sense of satisfaction, it's self interest. Your intentions may be good. But let's not deny the selfishness of human nature.

As humans it's natural for us to put ourselves first... if not all, majority of humans do so. The other side usually gets fucked over time and time again; they have yet to grasp the concept that doing things because it will make others happy without considering their own level of happiness, never works out in their favor.

Crazy is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Only do things that personally make you happy. If doing something doesn't bring joy to you. Don't do it for long, if at all. Your soul deteriorates each moment you don't please yourself.

Please yourself .. Pleasing everyone has never worked, someone's always left upset or wanting more. But you can please yourself every time if you choose to.

Take that personally.

Personally, I'm not a people pleaser.. Ima self pleaser. I've been called selfish in the past. But I don't deny that anything I do is ultimately in my best interest. If not, there's really no purpose for me. Bringing joy in others does bring me joy. But best believe if it doesn't bring me joy or some sort of satisfaction, I'm not doing it.

People take this personally.
People want to believe that you put their needs before yours because their needs are more important in their eyes. Is that not self-interest?

How the fuck can you fault me for putting myself first and you in the backseat, if you want me to put your needs ahead of mine? I don't get it.

People can be very hypocritical when it comes to that. I used to be guilty of it too, but not like them. (Hov voice)

I actually encourage people to be more selfish .. There's nothing sadder than a person who wasted their life pleasing everyone while wallowing in their own misery. Fuck that. You don't know when you're gonna die, why waste life ensuring others happiness if you haven't even got your own happiness secure?

Seeing someone do what they want to do and the glow from their faces as they do it is priceless. I love seeing people happy. And nothing makes people happier than following their hearts desires.. Why would you not encourage that? Why wouldn't you follow that for yourself?

It is not God's will merely that we should be happy, but that we should make ourselves happy. ~ Kant

No comments:

Post a Comment