"God, I ask not forgiveness, for my sins are mine to live with" - Shirley [Baby-sitters]

Straight to the point ..

"I tend to think alot. so I'll just roam from topic to topic .. just because i discuss something doesn't necessarily mean I'm feeling some sort of way.. it may just mean I choose to discuss it .. because I find it interesting. Or I feel some sort of way, my call."

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Assertive.

Ask me to define myself in one word, assertive doesn't even cross my mind.

My personality isn't forceful.. But relaxed.
I'm confident .. But more humble than anything.

Do I have it in me to be assertive?
Of course.

Why don't I bring it out more often?
Idk .. I like to play the background more often than not. It's cool to play the back but when you want things, you're rarely heard from the back .. You gotta speak up. Nobody's gonna hand it to you, you gotta take it. You gotta be sure of you. And what you want. To get it. Right?

Right.

That's what I'm doing now. I play around alot, joke and kid. But I'm working on a few things that calls for my assertive side to reveal itself. I'm pushing myself to certain limits I'm not used to. I'm forcing myself to be seen in a light where it's just as new to me as it is to the people viewing me.

I'm breaking out of my box. The box I created for myself all those years trying to figure myself out. And like Kendrick said "I'ma break out and hide every lock" and hide every lock is what I'm definitely gonna do.

I don't want to be viewed as just one thing (goes hand in hand as why I don't like labeling myself) I'm way more versatile than that. Even though I know this with every fiber in my being. The world doesn't know it yet. It's my job to show them, ignoring any doubts I might create for myself or any obstacles I may come across. I know where I wanna go, I know how far I want to branch out, I know the steps I have to take to get me there .. And I know it's gonna take time.

But as long as I stay focused and assertive. This shouldn't be a problem. I have this thing where I'm shy .. Not because I feel people won't accept me for who I am, but because I feel I may be too much.

I'm at a point where I feel 95% comfortable with me. And since this is breaking ground (closest I've been to 100% in a while) I gotta take advantage I know everything I have to offer, what I'm willing to accept and negotiate. I stand strongly by my views yet, I'm open to compromise. There's really no limit to where I can go, I believe in this more than ever.

I don't know, my mind tick differently. Which is good for me. Because I know how to work it. And evidence of that will prove itself as time progresses.


Enter action with boldness.
Word to the 48 Laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment