"God, I ask not forgiveness, for my sins are mine to live with" - Shirley [Baby-sitters]

Straight to the point ..

"I tend to think alot. so I'll just roam from topic to topic .. just because i discuss something doesn't necessarily mean I'm feeling some sort of way.. it may just mean I choose to discuss it .. because I find it interesting. Or I feel some sort of way, my call."

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksforgiving

I worked a double shift on thanksgiving, got off at 7 and enjoyed good, food, bud and alcohol with my Family. Now I know the horror story behind thanksgiving but I do appreciate what it's become, reunions and memories.. Food and drinks.. An all around good time with people you care for, depending on who you talk to. But I'm thankful.
Now more than ever. I'm healthy, I'm getting closer to my goals .. And it doesn't stop. I'm always a bit more cheerful around the holidays and I don't even have to be in the best situation to do so. Just the holiday spirit floating in the air is enough to keep a smile on my face. I almost got mad ... No, I got mad, I pouted about it for a few minutes. I took deep breaths and let it go. I am really in a place where my pros out weigh my cons, I'm done letting minor cons outshine my pros. I'm not exactly where I gotta be but those pros will get me there. "And progress, no matter how long the process .. Should never be belittled." (I like to quote myself lol) and in 6 days I'll be able to cross one of my goals off the list .. And lord knows how long it's been on the list, yet the timing couldn't be more right. And now that I look back on my "depressive state of mind" phase .. I'm glad I went through it. I'm glad I took everything so hard .. It's just what I needed. I knew the sun would shine, I just didn't know when .. And as I stare at the clouds .. I see the sun finally peeking through. (Im such a cornball lol)


"Blessed are those who give without remembering. And blessed are those who take without forgetting." — Bernard Meltzer

No comments:

Post a Comment