"God, I ask not forgiveness, for my sins are mine to live with" - Shirley [Baby-sitters]

Straight to the point ..

"I tend to think alot. so I'll just roam from topic to topic .. just because i discuss something doesn't necessarily mean I'm feeling some sort of way.. it may just mean I choose to discuss it .. because I find it interesting. Or I feel some sort of way, my call."

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Use.

What's the use of.. Being used, useful, useless .. Depending on the context it's being used in, varies.

"If you can't be used, you're useless"

hmm so if you can be used, you're useful.. But here's the thing, that can turn really bad really quick. People don't like to feel used, and often you start out as useful.. Get taken advantage of, transition into used and pretty soon, you're useless. And what happens to the useless? it's gets tossed in the trash. It's the cycle that can be broken, but more often .. It's not.

I don't like to use people, I will always try to be of use to them as they're being of use to me. Now, realistically that's not always possible but I make sure I can be of use somewhere down the line just to make me feel better. Sometimes, you aren't aware you're using someone until they lash out.. Why do they let it bottle up? Because people like feeling useful. It gives a sense of satisfaction, "I'm good for something" but no one likes to be exploited. And some would rather keep being used to feed that craving of relevance.. Everyone wants to feel relevant. Its only until they see that their services are no longer requi(red) that they lash out.. And by then they're screaming from the inside of the trash can.

Lets talk about the users. The world is full of them, they'll use and use 'til they can't use you anymore; toss you in the trash and keep it pushing. Often users get farther in life than those who aren't users. The users have a special eye for the weak and willing. They know how to make others be of use to them.. Never mind that they aren't useful themselves. All they do is take away from someone, and that's useless to me. Because if you can't give back what you're receiving in some way, shape or form.. You're fucking useless. Especially if you make no attempt. Users may seem to get the long end of a stick but in reality they don't, "by diluting others you can only end in diluting yourself." Word to Earl Nightingale. Swindlers as I like to call them really hurt themselves by misusing the help from others. Karma always gets justice for those who were done wrong. Believe that.

But how can you tread that line .. Useful.. To used and avoiding useless? Every scenario varies, but I do advise that you always be alert. You can always tell when you're being taken advantage of, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Whether you want to believe this person is capable of using you or not. You get those feelings, you gotta check the signs, and act accordingly.

You accept what you allow. And if you don't choose to tolerate being used, you won't. You'll nip that in the bud as soon as you start feeling some sort of way, if you choose to tolerate it, then you can't really complain. Complaining and not taking action to change what you're complaining about is pretty dumb.. Being useful is also knowing how to make others useful to you while you're being of use to them. Equal exchange. No one gets taken for granted. No one feels used. Everyone is happy. And even better everyone is progressing.

Being used leaves you in the dust and someone else progresses. Make sure that in being of use, you're not losing yourself in the process. You're not putting your life and priorities on hold to accommodate someone's needs especially if they didn't even consider your needs before they asked you to be of use. And don't be volunteering your services if you know damn well that constricts what you got going on, sometimes as bad as we want to be of use, we're useless at the time. We have shit that has to be attended to. And that's a problem for people who are people pleasers.. They want to help everybody but themselves. They're useful for everybody but them. That's ass backwards. To me.

Me, I'm useful when I wanna be .. Useless when I don't want to be bothe(red), do I get used? Eh .. I highly doubt it anymore. I have in the past, and I cut those strings with the quickness. Once you're aware, you should act on it. Don't try to purposely blind yourself, so you don't have to confront the problem. Don't be pussy. Don't get used and don't be a user.

No comments:

Post a Comment