"God, I ask not forgiveness, for my sins are mine to live with" - Shirley [Baby-sitters]

Straight to the point ..

"I tend to think alot. so I'll just roam from topic to topic .. just because i discuss something doesn't necessarily mean I'm feeling some sort of way.. it may just mean I choose to discuss it .. because I find it interesting. Or I feel some sort of way, my call."

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Strangest Secret.

"This is Earl Nightingale and I would like to tell you about the strangest secret in the world".....

His voice is pretty weird, but his message is amazing. It's not a validation but rather a reassurance of things you may have felt but couldn't describe .. Or maybe that's just how I felt.

If you can listen, truly listen to that and not have a change of attitude afterwards ... This is not for you. You are the 95% who like to ignore the truth. I swear I can always tell who listen to it by how their lives are structu(red). Listen to people when they talk. You can tell how they view life by how they speak of their own. It's indeed the strangest secret.

I think it's amazing to me how a message like this can be around for decades (1956) yet still only 5% succeed in life. Since I've made this message apart of my life, I've tried to pass it on to any and every one willing to listen. Majority of those get the message; the few that didn't just only confirmed what I already knew about them but didn't want to admit. They're failures before they even got a chance to try. I've realized in life that failure is a state of mind, just as success is. Just as everything in life is, if you want to get technical. Conformity is also a state of mind. A very dangerous state of mind as Mr. Nightingale explains in depth .. That's the problem with people today.

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it’s conformity.” — Rollo May

Conformity. Acting like everyone else because everyone else is doing it.
Clones. Easier to blend in. Easier to live life by standards set by the majority party. Because in all reality people don't truly wanna live, they're just getting comfortable as they await death. If people really wanted to live, they would. Less miserable souls wandering the streets and more happy beings bursting with joy lighting up the pavements when they pass on by. Because living, is doing what makes you feel alive; not what turns your face stale as if life is a bitter old apple you just took a big bite of. People often do what they think is right rather than what feels right. That may work in some cases, but even in my 21 years of living I can already tell you that with life itself. That's not gonna work.

“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.” — George Bernard Shaw

I love everything about the quote above, especially because I was once that person .. Blaming my circumstances, using that a crutch because I couldn't stand up on my own two and accept my circumstances, were the cause of me. Didn't do me any good, so I tossed the crutch .. Ain't limp since. I try to help people change their mind frame, because as Mr. Nightingale told us; we become what we think about.
We think about what we become.
It's a never ending cycle.

The same reason we aren't supposed to invest so much time and thought into fear but rather invest it in something more positive, more desirable. Of course, it's easier said than done .. But if you really focus on it .. Eventually it'll be done and you will be amazed at why you didn't change your mind frame sooner. Some people are so stuck in their ways, they don't see it .. But that's because they don't want too. If they want to change, they would be open to change. Right? But to admit that, would mean admitting that one was closed minded to begin with, and lord knows no one wants to admit that willingly.

But this is a great inspirational taping, and I will forever spread the knowledge and belief I have for that particular message. You become what you think about.
I'm sure I'll be more convincing once I become all I ever thought of .. I'm getting there.

"What you think today and tomorrow, the next month, the next year, will mold your life and determine your future. You’re guided by your mind."


No comments:

Post a Comment