"God, I ask not forgiveness, for my sins are mine to live with" - Shirley [Baby-sitters]

Straight to the point ..

"I tend to think alot. so I'll just roam from topic to topic .. just because i discuss something doesn't necessarily mean I'm feeling some sort of way.. it may just mean I choose to discuss it .. because I find it interesting. Or I feel some sort of way, my call."

Monday, December 30, 2013

Opportunity.

Opportunity is the outlet to make something happen, but for who? Me? You? Each other? Not always.

What's an opportunity really, because depending on the angle you're looking from you may not see those set of possibilities as an opportunity in the first place.. Lets think about these different types of opportunities.. An opportunity to make something better or an opportunity to better yourself. 

Some people see opportunities everywhere, but some don't. Those who don't are the type to see opportunities only when it's to better themselves;  rarely on how they can make it better. So  when people are called opportunists, it's always in a negative tone, even the definition is described as negative.. But why? Shouldn't we want to seize the opportunity to better ourselves as it presents itself.. Yes, but we shouldn't step on toes to do so. We shouldn't have to compromise our growth as a person to 'better' circumstances. Those people who are often called opportunist don't get to fully enjoy those opportunities, because life is funny like that. They spend their lives chasing opportunities thinking its going to better them but the opportunities that truly better you are the ones you make better. Building. That's what an opportunity truly is. You can always work towards bettering yourself, but when the opportunity arises where you see exactly where you fit in, how you can better something and you execute it, the reward is everlasting. You're a better person for it in the process. It's all around beneficial. 

I think about situations that cross my paths as such, how I can make this better, how can this better me? 
The balance has to be right to do anything. I'm not going to step on toes but I won't go into anything leading into nothing. Life is give and take. I'm not opposed to giving alot but what I'm receiving has to be of use for me in some shape, way or form. Some people give and give and all they get in return is a drained soul... Nope. Not I. I need positivity at all times, so even if I can make something better, if its too negative of a situation, I won't bother. I don't have the time. Only the negative subtracts from you. 
Think about it. 

But anyway, opportunities.. They're everywhere.. If you can see.. Not only how it benefits you, but how you, benefit it.

Shit real.

No comments:

Post a Comment