"God, I ask not forgiveness, for my sins are mine to live with" - Shirley [Baby-sitters]

Straight to the point ..

"I tend to think alot. so I'll just roam from topic to topic .. just because i discuss something doesn't necessarily mean I'm feeling some sort of way.. it may just mean I choose to discuss it .. because I find it interesting. Or I feel some sort of way, my call."

Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Thirst

In a world where Social media and screen shots run everything, people have used the term "thirst" to "expose" or as I like to say showcase attention given to them from others. 
Now, let's back track and dig deep to the root of this problem. 

Insecure females and males always feel the need to broadcast signs of attention. Whenever attention is given to them, they want the world to know, someone is paying them mind because deep inside they're so empty inside that the attention from others give them such fulfillment they must show it. (ie. Retweeting every compliment, Screenshotting conversations etc.) The more someone shows attention to someone, it goes unappreciated and into the thirst bucket. And once that thirst bucket gets filled, the bucket gets pou(red) out to the internet for all to see. really fucking pathetic if you ask me. 

I certainly don't find humor at the expense of someone else's emotions especially when they're genuinely trying to get to know you. Girls be so quick to call a nigga thirsty because he's sending her texts and commenting on her pictures on instagram but ask them how many times they told a nigga flat out, I'm not interested. or Thanks or but no thanks ... I won't hold my breath. Now, don't get me wrong some people are overly expressive on how they feel and don't know how to take a hint or won't take no as an answer, but that's no reason to show case to the world how this person's been "thirsting
for you. Just be cool. 

What's worse is, now a days everyone so sca(red) of being labeled as thirst that alot of things go unsaid and undone. nobody wants to look thirsty, no one wants to feel like they're doing too much, so now what happens when someone doesnt wanna do too much, but the other person feels like enough isnt being done? ... neither party wants to say how they feel because they don't want to come off as overly interested. Just sad, It happens to the best of us. But the cycle has to be broken, Fellas stop exposing females you preyed on to begin with, and ladies .. please stop screen shotting conversations and RT'ing compliments. It's not that serious. 

Fuck a thirst, If you interested, say something .. If you feel your interest isn't interested in you, cut your losses and move on. Avoid the people who would even call your interest in them "thirst"

No comments:

Post a Comment